Yamaha YFZ450R (+.5) / YFZ45X (+2) Long Travel MX A-arms
- Patented Slicast® (US Patent # US 7,568,711) Caster Adjustment - adjusts your caster independently from your camber with our Slicast® (US Patent # US 7,568,711) Cam
- Aftermarket Shock Location - Longer Shock is required.
- Cecco Caster Bracket - A bolt on solution that alters the OEM Caster, making the ATV handle easier
- Maximum Ground Clearance
- Made from TIG Welded 4130 Chromoly Steel Tubing
- Greasable Needle Bearing and Seal Design
- Durable Tie Rods: Cut to Size and Powdercoated
- Nyloc Nuts and Loc Washers for Safety of Ball Joints
- Dust Caps: to keep dirt out and grease in
- Sealed Ball Joints
SLICAST® (US Patent # US 7,568,711)
Slicast Caster Adjustment
The SLICAST® (US Patent # US 7,568,711) caster adjustment is the only caster adjustment on the market today that can be adjusted independently from the camber setting. The Aluminum SLICAST® (US Patent # US 7,568,711) Feature has 11 settings, each giving you 0.5 degrees of caster change. Each setting is labeled for ease of use. The SLICAST® (US Patent # US 7,568,711) rotates like a cam or bearing carrier, with the ball joint hole being on an eccentric. To adjust the SLICAST® (US Patent # US 7,568,711), simply untighten the upper ball joint jam nut 3/16” and pop out the SLICAST® (US Patent # US 7,568,711) CAM. Turn the cam to the desired rotation (caster setting) and press back in, tighten your jam nut, & ride with the new SLICAST® (US Patent # US 7,568,711) setting.
How does the Caster Setting affect the handling of your ATV?
The Caster Setting affects the handling of the ATV as it corners or goes in a straight line. Rotating the top ball joint toward the rear of the ATV makes the ATV handle better in a straight line. Rotating the top ball joint toward the front of the ATV, makes the ATV corner better.
What SLICAST® (US Patent # US 7,568,711)setting is best for me?
There is not an overall best setting. The SLICAST® (US Patent # US 7,568,711) Cam should be adjusted to reflect: your unique riding style, the terrain you are riding in, and the type of riding you are doing.
Maximum Ground Clearance
Additional clearance between the lower A-Arm and the ground. This is ideal for helping the rider avoid roots, ruts, rocks, and debris. Additional Ground Clearance prevents the Rider from getting stuck more often.The Lower A-Arms are bent in a way that they provide more clearance, protecting your A-Arms and Shocks from damage.
- This install guide is a general guide for many variations over the years.
- Questions regarding a specific model not pictured, Please call 740-382-8100 ext 2 for Technical Support
- Click HERE for install guide
Required Shock Specs
- Free Length: 20.5
- Compressed Length: 14.625
- Stroke: 5.875
- Wheel Travel: 10.5